Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting this Tag outta the way

I've been a huge fan of Neo Sew Mama since I stumbled across her blog a month or so ago. I spent a couple of hours reading EVERY post of hers. I was so inspired by her style, beauty and motherly sensibilities. She has some gorgeous babies who love tofu. Whew lawdy I could never get with the tofu, even as a vegetarian! A couple posts ago she commented that she wanted to tag me with a What's In Your Fridge tag:

Here are the rules:

  1. Post the rules before the pictures/descriptions.
  2. Take a few shots of what's hiding in your fridge..freezer...pantry...cupboards. The more the better.
  3. You can either simply just include the pictures or even better give some description of what's in there...your favorites...where you shop..how (or how not) it's organized...and/or whatever else you want to include. The more info the better...yes...I like details!
  4. NO tidying up! If you want to turn around things so you can see the labels thats fine...but no re-arranging or cleaning things up. The whole point is to see things the way they actually are...naturally. If there is nothing in your fridge show that... Just keep it real!
  5. Keep the tag going. Pick 7 other bloggers to join in on the fun and tag them by including their names after your post and by leaving a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged. I think it would also be great if you would let the person who tagged you know once you have posted your pictures.

DUNN DUNN DUUUUNNNNN!!! Here is my fridge. I really don't like the hanging of stuff up with magnets because they ALWAYS fall off. But my lil Prince insists.


Yeah boyeeee! Check out that top shelf action. Complete with left over corn bread muffins, apple juice, orange juice, vegetable broth and left over turnip greens disguised as whipped cream. I see you garlic and soy milk peeking from the back. I loves you too!
Those next two shelves are interesting... More left overs, shredded cheese that I don't remember WHY I even bought it, some eggs, BEEF BRATS that my Kingman insisted I buy. He just asked me if I wanted the last one and my stomach turned. Twice. No thanks babe, that's all you!
Bottom shelf that typically houses my lil Princes lunch "stuff", salad "stuff" and my beloved spinach. MMMM juicey grapes are always good!

The crisper areas keep those bell peppers and onions crisp? As well as two lonely tomatoes.


The freezer is kinda sad. It's usually filled with more greens than that. lol. We got the fish sticks action, some chicken hiding under the forbidden ice cream. Get up on that pizza yall and then the cheapest waffles I could find.
Waaaay too much sweet corn. I know, I know.
Vitamins, oats and grits. Cane sugar used once ever. I'll give it another month before I throw it away.

Frank's Red Hot hot sauce is the best! The smell of salt makes my stomach convulse after the salt water flush incident. bleck! No black kitchen is complete without some Lawry's.

We love the honey wheat pancakes and other obscure non perishables.My beloved fruit bowl. We love tea, therefore we love lemons. That pineapple is getting cut up tonight. That will be breakfast.

There you go! All done. That's not everything, but we have so many cabinets with random stuff in them I dare not waste all my blog space with pictures of it. I shall pass this on to anyone who would like to participate. Please drop me a comment letting me know if you post your pictures.
Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWW... you are too sweet. I'm over here blushing and everything :D I can't believe you read the whole thing. Saw some sketchy pictures from in the beginning didn't ya? LOL

Thank you so much for doing the post.

Lovin all the good energy coming from your blog :)