Monday, December 3, 2007

I must confess

Blogger forgive me...

The peanutbutter cookies never came into existance this past week. That's ok because I was much better with resisting the treats at work. I gave in a couple of times though. Today, I'm doing good. No treats! I also slacked off on the push ups. I was doing so well!! I nibbled a really small piece of rosemary chicken that a friend made. I just wanted a lil taste.

The positive side of all of this is it's a new week. That means another chance to live right. Now I've been upping my meditation game. I bought my sage and it's hanging in the kitchen to dry out. At some point this eveing I'll burn my sage and say some prayers over the living space.

I cooked some delicious (vegan style) pinto beans in the slow cooker. That will be dinner tonight.

And my hair looks really fly. See I was going to do this whole bit where I keep my hair in "protective styles" for the cold months so I have a big full fro in the summer. But after taking the twists down from last week I realized I can't be doing all that. I wasn't feeling the look of those twists in the first place. And my fro has been calling me man! So I guess at this point I'm going to just fro it out for the most part and trim my ends as needed. I will do my best to wear a satin scarf to bed each night.

I've been moisturizing my scalp and hair with this delciious concoction a good friend of mine made. She calls it "Ginger Juices and Berries". It's a hair pomade that's solid but emulsifies in your hand. It smells devine and moisturies as it claims. You can check out her website at www.lavidagivenbynature.com . She's revamping the site, but if you send her an email she can hook you up! Tell her feeps sent ya!

At some point before I leave work today, I wan't to sort of put together a meal plan for the week so I can go to the grocery store in the next day or so. I also need to call the furniture place and confirm delivery of my new couch (screams with glee) for the end of this week.

My Kingman is such a hard worker. He's been dragging himself to work everyday to a place that he doesn't really like to help take care of this family. It's a blessing just to have him in my life.

Today I give thanks for a new oppurtunity to live better. I give thanks for forgiveness. And I give thanks for the blessings I have yet to recieve.

No comments: