Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Never Underestimate

As of today I have commitments from 2 separate Half Price Books stores to donate books. I'm expecting to get at LEAST 400 books total. Possibly more. All this and I haven't even created a flyer yet to promote the book drive at my place of employment.

I must give people credit for their generosity. I think many times people don't ask for what they want or need out of the fear that someone will say no. If that's the worse that can happen, I think I'll take my chances.

So far I've been doing well with having some sort of activity with my lil Prince each evening. I don't think a DAILY activity was the resolution, but I intend on keeping this up as long as I can. It doesn't take much for him to appreciate and enjoy our time together. He's happy with helping me out in the kitchen, reading a book or making some art together. I'm going to try and get my Kingman more involved so no one feels left out.

The little one really wants to go to Sesame Street Live this month. I'm trying to surprise him with the news that he is, in fact, going. But that child is convinced it's going to happen anyway. I asked him the other day "what makes you so sure you're going to go?" and he replied "because I just know I am and I really want to." And I thought to myself, who am I to crush his dreams. He still thinks I'm on the fence about it. But I bought the tickets for him last week when he called me at work exclaiming "Mama! Sesame Street Live is gone be at the Target Center January 16 to 20th!"

Today I received an email from my lil Prince's class teacher asking if I would come in to talk to the kids about college. It sounds like a great idea, right? Well, I have no earthly idea what I would tell them. lol. Hopefully the children have questions or the teacher has a list of topics for me to touch on. I can't go in there telling them about my college shenanigans. I did well in school, don't get me wrong. But there was plenty of fun times and odd moments that I'm not sure 1st graders are ready to hear about.

Already my January calendar is filling up. Book drives, Sesame Street Live!, Twins Fest, Class Reunion planning, crafting, etc. I'm so excited about it. I have all these things to look forward to and I haven't even made plans for my birthday. OH! that reminds me, my little cousin his having her baby shower the day of my birthday.

*scribbles in calendar*
*makes note to figure out a gift idea THIS week*

I give thanks to my Creator for signs that Love and generosity are, indeed alive and flourishing in my life!

No comments: